It’s that time of the year to sign up for Reading Challenges. I love Reading Challenges and the more obscure the challenge the better. I like seeing what I can find to fit the bill and I am a list/goal person. Give me a list and I am focused to get the list completed. I just wish losing weight was that easy.
Here are the reading challenges that I’m signing up for this year.
Hosted by: Passages to the Past
Level I’m going for: Renaissance Reader – 10 books
A few books I look forward to reading: Changles (Carriger); The Underground Railroad (Whitehead); and The Other Einstein (Benedict)
Hosted by: Herding Cats and Burning Soup
Level I’m going for: 12+
A few books I look forward to reading: Sing Them Home (Kallos); The Other Einstein (Benedict); and not sure yet.
- Complete all my reading challenges this year (This challenge does not count towards the total.)
- Try to add more physical books this year. My audiobooks have over taken physical books by 95%.
- Make reading time at home at least three times a week. Must of my reading time is audiobooking in the car to and from work.
- Reading more books that are here on my shelves. At least 10 of them this year.
- Complete at least 5 of the 20 Incomplete Series hovering over my head.
- Keep a book journal and write down notes as I read.
- Post a blog post every week.
- Take old reviews from my old blog (My Little Pocketbooks) and post them here.
- Post reviews or mini-reviews on books I read last year when I wasn’t blogging.
- Find at least 3 more Black Women to blog here.
- Keep up the Mocha Girls Read blog and try to find someone to take some of it over.
- Keep a blogging calendar.
- Lose weight by making lifestyle changes such as going to the gym and sweating at least 4 times a week, eating smaller portions and removing sugar from the diet.
- I bought The Year of Yes (Rhimes) journal so I will write in it every day.
- Cutting the cable. Bye-bye AT&T U-verse. I have books to read and a journal to write in.
- Meditate for 2-5 minutes every day.
- Stay home one weekend a month.
- No frivolous spending.
Hosted by: Sistahs&Satire (here)
Level I’m going for: 3rd Shelf (Read 13 – 18 books)
A few books I look forward to reading: Aya Book #2 -6 (Abouet, Oubrerie); March Book #3 (Lewis); and The Warmth of Other Suns (Wilkerson)
And of course, I am going to jump on the Goodreads.com reading challenge. This is a standard for me. If I don’t do any other reading challenges, I will always do this one. For this one I think my goal will be 55 books again. That is my norm and this year I am focusing on writing in a journal and going to the gym more. Holding the 55 books in a year will be a good goal for me.
As you can see I was planning on doing two or three but as I started looking at all the fun challenges I couldn’t help myself. Honestly, I forced myself not to sign up for about 5 more. Like the 2017 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge (Dollycas @ Escape With Dollycas) or the 2017 Monthly Motif Reading Challenge (Kim & Tanya @ Girl XOXO), 2017 Read Harder Challenge (@ Book Riot) and the Humor Reading Challenge 2017 (Jamie @ Whatever I Think Of!). Lord knows I will need some LOL’s in 2017!
If you are looking for a Reading Challenge to join this year here are a few websites to check out.